A Pillar of Humanity
Wynberg Awareness – ongoing courses and assistance
- Gender awareness and respect
- Saartjie Baartman Centre for Abused Women
- Rape Crisis
- Period Project
- Animal Abuse – SPCA, TEARS, DAWG, Aid 4 Animals in Distress
Ongoing Outreach Projects
- B’nai Brith One2One.
- Marshalling at the Two Oceans Marathon.
- Sandwich Making for Haven Night Shelter, Capricorn Park Primary, and supported schools in the area.
- Soup Making to assist other schools with their feeding programmes.
- Sisanda Fun days/Connect
- Interact Workshops
- Annual Pudding Mix
Service to others – both at school and in the wider community – is prioritised at Wynberg Boys’ High with a Vice Principal of Service, a Service Prefect, and a Service Committee making sure that boys get ample opportunities in this field. Boys are encouraged to be of assistance wherever possible at school.
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose” – Jim Elliot
Representative Council of Learners
Teacher in Charge: Ms Bulelwa Mhlomi
The Representative Council of Learners ( RCL ) is a governance structure of learners as stipulated in the SA Schools Act, 1996 ( Act 84 of 1996). It is the link between the school and the management of the school along with the governing body.
- The RCL is the body responsible for the creation of fine leadership hence why the RCL is also responsible for the encouragement of Active Citizenry.
- The RCL must model and assist in the upholding of the school’s values and ethos so as to help learners to conduct themselves in a courteous and responsible way.
- It is the duty of the RCL to ensure that the learners they represent subscribe to the code of conduct of the school.
The RCL is the voice of the school. It is our job to make sure that any suggestions, complaints, problems or ideas from the students for practically anything related to the school, are heard and discussed. It is then our job to take action on these matters and to do our best to follow through with the good ideas and suggestions and to solve any problems or issues at hand.