Expression of Interest: Principal
A leading transformative all boys’ school constantly growing on the good traditions of our past, WBHS is passionate about progress in technology in education and preparing young men for the fourth industrial revolution: our teaching team are hard-working and passionate, our supplementary staff are loyal and dedicated, and our parents are involved and positive.
The position of Principal becomes available during the 2021 academic year.
The visionary and progressive leader who inherits this legacy will be called upon to value, nurture and grow our brand. Beyond all else our new leader will be required of an unwavering belief in the humanity and potential of each learner – to be their advocate and their promoter in every thought and deed. WBHS is a caring and collaborative community developing well rounded, confident individuals to their full potential as responsible, productive and engaged citizens.We seek a visionary, creative, confident individual who is able to lead, inspire and support others. The applicant must understand the importance of upholding the school’s ethos and excellence while embracing our changing social environment, and recognise the essence of a culturally diverse boys’ school, be open and committed to change, and involved in the wider community in which the school is situated.
Qualities to assist in assessing the right fit for the post:
Leadership and management in a high school with experience as a deputy-principal, HOD or SMT member.
- Relevant teaching experience to qualify for deputy post level.
- Proven experience in managing diversity and inclusion in education.
- Inspirational and innovative approach to teaching and learning.
- Proven experience of using technology to enhance teaching, learning and assessment.
- Must be able to lead the staff guidance portfolio including experience in mentoring and managing staff.
- Leading professional development programmes.
- Displaying excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record of ongoing personal and professional development.
Administration and organisational experience:
- Relevant knowledge and experience of internal and external systems, including but not limited to Engage, IQMS, SPMDS, school budget, school governance, and timetables.
- Knowledge of school policies, procedures and educational laws pertaining to the effective running of the school.
Management of the pupil guidance portfolio including meeting with parents, engaging learners and having positive restorative discipline strategies. Excellent command of the English language (written and spoken). Proficiency in at least two South African languages would be advantageous.
Expressions of interest meeting the following criteria will be considered:
- A university degree and professional teaching qualification.
- A minimum of seven years senior leadership experience including strategic planning, financial governance, and staff performance management and development.
Expressions of interest, in the form of a covering letter, full curriculum vitae, and contact details for three references should be emailed or before Monday 17 August 2020.
The post and closing date for formal applications will be advertised in the WCED vacancy list during September 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the School Selection Panel.
Potential candidates requiring more information about the school may visit the website or email email@example.com.
Please note: Wynberg Boys’ High School is an equal opportunities employer. The school and the Western Cape Education Department reserve the right not to fill the post. An expression of interest or submission of a formal application will in itself not entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will automatically disqualify applicants from consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be reviewed.