Wednesday 23 March 2022: A big thank you to everyone who supported our Academy sessions – the Wynberg Water Polo coaches and players really enjoyed their time working weekly with young players keen to learn the game and to improve their skills. Please note that the Academy has closed for the first term. Please keep an eye on our Facebook Page for information on registering for Term 2.
About the Wynberg Water Polo Academy
The Academy is open to all primary school boys and girls throughout the region keen to learn water polo, make new friends, and develop their strength and fitness are welcome to join our Academy, with full supervised access to our top-class facilities by experienced and passionate coaches in regular sessions ensuring a safe, professional, and fun-filled nurturing environment.
Top junior schools such as Wynberg Boys’ Junior, Sweet Valley, Kirstenhof, The Grove, Groote Schuur, Sun Valley, and Simon van der Stel have been part of our development programme over the years since its inception.
Sessions are held every Wednesday and Thursday at Wynberg Boys’ High School Aquatics Centre from 18h00 – 19h00. Please contact Mr Ryan Weidemann, Director of WBHS Water Polo, email@example.com for more information.
Wynberg Water Polo Core Values
Our commitment is to
- excellence in and out of the pool.
- making decisions in the best interest of the players.
- maintaining and developing a cohesive, inclusive, water polo club environment.
- continued development of coaching through ongoing education.
- promoting the growth and development of the sport in the community.
We take pride in
- our responsibility to each and every player’s development and achievements.
- promoting the value of teamwork and creating a sense of mutual accountability.
Our passion is
- for the game.
- for loyalty to people and our organisation.
Wynberg Boys’ High School Water Polo is committed to providing an environment as concerned with overall player development and retention, as it is with talent identification and competitive excellence.