Courtesy of the WBHS Archives in the Oude Wijnberg Museum – the digital copy of the 1936 School Magazine.
From the Magazine Editorial, June Edition:
In our first issue of this year we have to record the growth of the school. The accession of a large number of new boys in 1935 recurred this February, and, the majority of our new members of last year entering on the second year of the two years’ Junior Certificate course, our numbers are greater than they have been before. To meet the greater demand on our resources, we have been granted another member of the staff and two new class-rooms. These two rooms we shall have after June, when also the present wood-work room will be demolished and a modern wood-work room built.