Saturday 19 and Monday 21 March 2022: Wynberg Boys’ High School takes great pleasure in presenting the Standard Bank Wynberg Rugby Festival after an enforced two-year hiatus. Remaining true to the Festival’s original format of matches across all high school rugby age groups, the 2022 event introduces an U13 section for the first time, with every match set to be live streamed on the school’s Wynberg Media YouTube channel.
We are enormously grateful for the support from Standard Bank allowing us to not only present the Festival again this year but also toward ensuring that the live match action will be available to families and supporters online. With more than 1500 players in action over the two days of the Festival, and mindful of the current restrictions on attendance at outdoor events, access to the WBHS campus will be strictly controlled throughout.
In Headmaster, Mr Deon Scheepers’ words:
The famous quote by the late Dr. Danie Craven, namely that we can change South Africa on the rugby field, seems apt since it would seem as if schools, and school sports in general, are in the process of returning to normal after the last two years of the COVID-19 pandemic. It is, therefore, my wish that all players, coaches, and team managers use this opportunity to consider their involvement in this Festival with a new and changed perspective: focus perhaps more on enjoyment, forging new friendships, and making the most of the opportunities, than on the results of the fixtures.
- Stop and drop at the Lovers Walk gate.
- Vehicle entry, R30 per car, via the Herschel Walk gate, with parking on the Jacques Kallis Oval.
- Pedestrians R20 entry fee.
- Boys in uniform – free entry.
- Campus Map for entry and exit points – the Aletta Walk and Alexandra Road gates will be exit only for the duration of the Festival.
- Refreshment stations and tuckshop facilities will be on the periphery of the main Hawthornden Field.
- The Bill Bowden Pavilion will be open after the final match on each day.
Follow the link below for:
Every game will be live streamed, with action photographs shared online.