On This Day: Founding of the Wynberg Boys’ Schools, 1 July 1841

Wynberg’s Heritage: 174 years ago today: (We are indebted to the research over the years by authors: Old Boy Roger Goodwin, and current staff member Neil Veitch, in their respective roles as authors of “A School Reflects” [1991] and Wynberg’s 175th Anniversary coffee table book due for release in 2016 for the information related below.) […]

read more

Headmaster’s Letter to Old Boys

Headmaster Keith Richardson talks to our Old Boys:   Dear Old Boys For some years, we as a school have been sending out a quarterly Online Magazine to Old Boys around the world. This has included videos, pictures and extensive reports of the activities of the school over the previous term. However, it has been […]

read more

Remembering a Wynberg Rugby Legend: Old Boy Doug Hopwood

Springbok No. 8 Legend, Wynberg Old Boy, Douglas John Hopwood, 1934 – 2002 The following article is a transcript of an interview with Doug Hopwood by sports journalist Norman Canale which appeared in Cape Argus Sport on Tuesday, September 29, 1998.   Hoppy, a modest Springbok legend “It’s ironic that for a man born in […]

read more

50 Years Ago Today: Cambridge Honours Wynberg Old Boy J.E. Littlewood

Professor John Edensor Littlewood, 1885 – 1977, renowned Mathematician, Wynberg Old Boy and son of Wynberg Headmaster Mr ET Littlewood – after whom Littlewood Boarding House is named.   On this day: Cambridge University, 10 June 1965 The following article is quoted directly from the ‘News of Old Boys’ pp 106, 107 of the ‘Annual […]

read more

2015 Hockey Photos: Wynberg’s April & May Collection

Wynberg Boys’ High School is grateful to all our photographic collaborators who’ve brought the first two months of the 2015 season to our social media platforms. If you have photos you’d like to contribute, please contact our Social Media Team on facebook@wbhs.or.za  – Supera Moras

read more

Headmaster’s Blog: Stoning Crows and Traffic Policemen

Mr Richardson’s latest blog article, Blog 70: “Stoning Crows and Traffic Policemen”, available on the Blog Roll below:

read more

On This Day: Wynberg’s Memorial Gates Inaugurated 23 May 1925

The following is an extract from the 1925 Wynberg School Magazine: “Our War Memorial (With acknowledgements to the “Cape Times”.) On Saturday afternoon, 23 May, at 3 p.m., there was an impressive ceremony at our school, when the Administrator, Sir N. F. de Waal, opened the Memorial Gateway erected by past and present boys in […]

read more

Rugby Photos: U14C vs Strand U14B, 16 May 2015

Wynberg’s plucky U14C team took on the Strand High U14Bs on Saturday 16 May on the Jacques Kallis Oval – final score Wynberg 7 – 30 Strand, with the ultimate winner being Schools’ Rugby; many thanks to Nick Tanner for the action photographs!

read more

Making History: Wynberg vs Rondebosch Soccer Derby, 18 April 2015

History was made at Wynberg Boys High on 18 April 2015 when two soccer games, featuring Wynberg and Rondebosch under 17 and under 19 soccer sides played each other. (Wynberg first played soccer in the then inter-schools league in 1909). The tossing of the coin by the referee meant that the captain of Rondebosch under 17, […]

read more