On This Day: Founding of the Wynberg Boys’ Schools, 1 July 1841

Wynberg’s Heritage: 174 years ago today: (We are indebted to the research over the years by authors: Old Boy Roger Goodwin, and current staff member Neil Veitch, in their respective roles as authors of “A School Reflects” [1991] and Wynberg’s 175th Anniversary coffee table book due for release in 2016 for the information related below.) […]

read more

Headmaster’s Letter to Old Boys

Headmaster Keith Richardson talks to our Old Boys:   Dear Old Boys For some years, we as a school have been sending out a quarterly Online Magazine to Old Boys around the world. This has included videos, pictures and extensive reports of the activities of the school over the previous term. However, it has been […]

read more

On This Day: Wynberg’s Memorial Gates Inaugurated 23 May 1925

The following is an extract from the 1925 Wynberg School Magazine: “Our War Memorial (With acknowledgements to the “Cape Times”.) On Saturday afternoon, 23 May, at 3 p.m., there was an impressive ceremony at our school, when the Administrator, Sir N. F. de Waal, opened the Memorial Gateway erected by past and present boys in […]

read more