McNaughton House is one of three additional Houses that was created in 2003 by the Headmaster, Mr Keith Richardson, to facilitate the pastoral and administrative management of the school. Each House has four Tutors in addition to the House Head, who are each responsible for the pastoral care of approximately 25 boys from Grades 8-10. The House is named after the first Headmaster of the school, Mr John McNaughton, who came out from Scotland for the purpose. He took up his appointment on 1 June 1841 initially in the same building in Aliwal Road as the Lady Dâ€™Urban School of Industry for young ladies, before moving the school to Glebe Cottage a month later â€“ along with 16 pupils. Initially co-educational, the school made no distinction in respect of colour or creed. The insignia of a red gryphon on a black background is not related to the Coat of Arms of John McNaughton; the design was the popular choice of members of the House in 2003.
Mr Julian Vincent – jvincent(@)wbhs.org.za (remove parentheses)
Mr S Askew – saskew(@)wbhs.org.za Â (remove parentheses)
Mr Z Hendricks – zhendricks(@)wbhs.org.za Â (remove parentheses)
Mr E van der Merwe – emerwe(@)wbhs.org.za Â (remove parentheses)
MrsÂ R Groenewald