De Villiers

Wynberg Boys' High School 175 De Villiers HouseInsignia & History of De Villiers House

De Villiers House is one of three additional Houses created in 2003 by then Headmaster, Mr Keith Richardson, to facilitate the pastoral and administrative management of the school. Each House has four Tutors in addition to the House Head, who are each responsible for the pastoral care of approximately 25 boys from Grades 8-10.

The House is named after Lord J.H. de Villiers, the first Baron of Wynberg, who served as Attorney General of the Cape Colony and then Chief Justice of South Africa from 1910-1914. He also served on the school’s Governing Body for 18 years. An armour-plated arm, on a burgundy background, is the insignia of Wynberg’s De Villiers House.

De Villiers House: Leadership 2017
House Head

Mr Joel Erasmus


Mr N Eddy  – neddy(@) (remove parentheses)

Mr J Taylor – jtaylor(@) (remove parentheses)

Mrs P Naidoo – pnaidoo(@) (remove parentheses)

Mrs R Spammer – rspammer(@) (remove parentheses)

House Prefect

Ayanda Beyile

House Venue