Head of Life Orientation:
Mr Estian van der Merwe (senior grades)
Mr W Grobler
Mrs P Naidoo
Mr P van Schalkwyk
Mr J de Waal
Life Orientation is one of the four fundamental subjects and is one of the more challenging learning areas that looks at our boys’ holistic development. We look at positive development where the boys will be engaging in lifelong skills, values, attitudes and the knowledge to enable them to use these tools to make informed decisions.
Life Orientation has the potential to realise the following:
- The involvement of all boys in holistic learning as a life long experience.
- The recognition of the importance of Life Orientation in contributing to an improved self-esteem, cultivating interpersonal skills, showing respect for culture diversity and promoting healthy lifestyles.
The key ideas are grouped into eight learning area outcomes and are linked to the specific outcomes. They are:
- Personal growth and development
- Spiritual development and beliefs
- Rights and responsibilities
- Life and decision making skills
- Career and other opportunities
- Health promotion
- Human movement and Physical activity
Life Orientation is instrumental in promoting a meaningful lifestyle for each boy. This is an important subject which provides time to promote the values, attitudes and skills all our boys need to succeed in life.